Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Neuron project - Pagina 4
Pagina 4 van 4 EersteEerste 1234
Weergeven resultaten 31 tot 36 van 36

Onderwerp: Neuron project

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Standaard Re: Neuron project

Citaat Origineel gepost door Electrolyte Bekijk Bericht
    I think it's the best idea if Linux users stay away from this project. The Linux client is extremely slow (up to 800% slower), and I don't think they have the time to fix it.
    That sounds indeed like a serious waste of system resources.
    Thanks for the info E+

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

What is this about? Do different Boinc-clients get a different amount of credits?
    http://neuron.mine.nu/neuron/forum_thread.php?id=69

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Until about half a year ago, optimized Boinc clients were quite widely accepted and used. They mainly were created to correct low benchmarks on Linux machines, machines with HT, and multiple cpu machines, that caused these clients to claim too little credit. Then a *very* optimized client came out, the (in)famous 5.5.0 client. With this one the benchmarks, and the claimed credit, can be 3 times higher. That caused, and is still causing, very heated discussions.

I don't give an opinion on these clients. As long as many people use them, I think you can't blame anyone for doing the same. Frankly I think it's up to the projects and Boinc devs to solve it. Interesting was a poll in boincstats a few weeks ago. The number of people pro and con were almost the same.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Update: Project Stage - Beta. Registration for new users is open.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

And closed again :
    Nov 29, 2007.23:48 GMT
    Project Stage - Beta. Registration for new users has now closed.
    And I don't have one ....

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

One minute of silence...

Project Stage - Beta. This project is now closing down. The person doing the analysis has be deployed elsewhere and there are not going to be any replacement resources. The site will remain as will the database so stats sites can continue to get data but no new units will be produced. Hopefully the system will be around for as long as this server runs but it is due for replacement within the next 4 months and there are no guarantees after that date. It was intended to finish after a maximum of 2 years if you recall so this is on time as it were or perhaps just a little early. Hopefully a final report will be produced to add to the results already reported. Thank you all and good luck finding other projects.

Pagina 4 van 4 EersteEerste 1234

Thread Information