Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Work available - Pagina 2
Pagina 2 van 3 EersteEerste 123 LaatsteLaatste
Weergeven resultaten 11 tot 20 van 21

Onderwerp: Work available

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Standaard Re: Work available

Too bad there's no 64-bit Windows client

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

My ubuntu 64-bit is also not completly standard I had to load also a different kernel for supoort of my LAN card, otherwise no network connection.

(so it's an Ubuntu 6.1 with kernel 2.6.19.1).
    Haven't got any errors yet, well seems the granted credit lower then the claimed.

Another question with version of BOINC are you running ?

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

My first work unit finished in just over 33 minutes: http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsim...esultid=244688

Running standard Ubuntu 64 version 6.10, with kernel 2.6.17-11-generic

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Citaat Origineel gepost door tutta55 Bekijk Bericht
    My first work unit finished in just over 33 minutes: http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsim...esultid=244688

Running standard Ubuntu 64 version 6.10, with kernel 2.6.17-11-generic
    That's good news but bad news for me because I have to find out why they don't finish correctly on my recompiled ubuntu. I currently don't have too much time so it will have to wait, I'll continue to crunch ABC on this machine

Giorgio
    | Against Multi-picture Signatures |

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

I ran a 32-bit Linux WU as well, to compare the performance. There is a gain in the 64-bit version, but not as spectacular as in ABC. Most of the 64-bit WU finished in 1800 to 1900 seconds. The 32-bit one in 2100. I'd need to run more 32-bitters, but it seems like there's a gain of 10-15% by running 64-bit. The estimated output I would get from the 64-bit SIMAP on my C2D is 1500/day. Way less than the 2500/day on ABC, but more than the 1200-1300 I get on most projects.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

I now received credits for my 32-bit WU. Extrapolation gives me 1400 credits/day for 32-bit SIMAP, compared to 1500 for 64-bit. Disappointing, I think.

Skatoony had noticed 30-40% output increase in SIMAP on his AMD. And had heared of 100% increases for AMD in ABC, as compared to the 60-70% I got on my Intel. It would be interesting to hear the experience of a few more people.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Standaard Re : Work available

In ABC, I get a 60-70% increase with the 64 bits vs 32 bits on a old A64/3200+. Surprisingly, comparing the WUs, I noticed that this oldie is doing slightly better then an A64x2 3600+ with the same OS (and I run it at stock speed). Could good timings make the difference?

Everything in moderation...even moderation.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Citaat Origineel gepost door Mich Bekijk Bericht
    Thx for the update, still searching for a decent project to join now that our little abc challenge has ended .
    Although we are loosing ground on µfluids and Spinhenge, these projects have problems: µfluids produces incorrect state files and Spinhenge does not save state files at all.

Maybe you can try out QMC. This works fine. I did not have any problems with this project.
    Beter één farm in de hand dan tien in de lucht.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Citaat Origineel gepost door Annabel Bekijk Bericht
    Although we are loosing ground on µfluids and Spinhenge, these projects have problems: µfluids produces incorrect state files and Spinhenge does not save state files at all.

Maybe you can try out QMC. This works fine. I did not have any problems with this project.
    We are also loosing ground in RCN and that is working correctly.

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

I'm currently running simap 100%, after those Wu's have send out, I'l switch to µFluids, RCN, Leiden and Rosetta

Thread Information