Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

To upgrade low key or high note? - Pagina 2
Pagina 2 van 2 EersteEerste 12
Weergeven resultaten 11 tot 14 van 14

Onderwerp: To upgrade low key or high note?

Famous Member
    Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Standaard Re: To upgrade low key or high note?

Citaat Origineel gepost door tutta55 Bekijk Bericht
    Thanks for the info. 920 is midrange, isn't it? Below you have the 100-200 Euro range dual and quad cores, and above the 500+ Euro processors.
    I consider any i7 as being high range. Check the difference in price between an i5 and an i7 motherboard. The fact that you "need" a triple channel ddr3 kit.
    And then look again at the difference in price between an i5 and an i7.
    Not only the cpu has to be taken into account here since it's a different platform!

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

The idea to upgrade is really starting to itch now. I have a limiting factor in my story. That is my case. I have an Antec Skeleton. Personally I like it looks very much, so I don't want to change. Problem is the vertical space available for the CPU cooler. The best I could fit in for LGA 775 was a Zalman 9500. Anything larger or more square in form would not fit. I think I could probably find something similar for LGA 1156 or LGA 1366, but that really limits my possibilities for evacuating heat when overclocking.

Long intro. I am thinking about watercooling again. But after my previous bad experience I don't want to start a complete manual assembly again. Instead I am thinking of pre-assembled packages that are easy to install. I don't care if it's not top notch in terms of extreme cooling. Just a solution that is at least as good as the better air coolers. Any suggestions, ideas, experiences, blistering criticisms?

Famous Member
    Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Citaat Origineel gepost door tutta55 Bekijk Bericht
    Long intro. I am thinking about watercooling again. But after my previous bad experience I don't want to start a complete manual assembly again. Instead I am thinking of pre-assembled packages that are easy to install. I don't care if it's not top notch in terms of extreme cooling. Just a solution that is at least as good as the better air coolers. Any suggestions, ideas, experiences, blistering criticisms?
    pre-assembled is just as you say: as good as a "good" air-cooler, and even then, a good noctua can beat a pre-assembled watercooling...
    Offcourse if the space is the issue, it can be a sollution ^^
    The corsair H50 is equivallent to a standard cooler, but it takes allmost no space on your cpu and is quieter, but you still need to find a place to put the radiator/120mm fan. An complete external sollution like a zalman reserator is better at cooling, but at that price-point I'd just build a loop myself ^^

Leeftijd
    Rep Kracht

Standaard Re : To upgrade low key or high note?

An alternate solution could be the Scythe Shurikan : it's a low profile cooler.

Of course with it you won't achieve top overclockings.

Otherwise I second Undergod's solution with the corsair H50. Small and compact watercooling. Shouldn't be too hard to fit in your open casing.

Everything in moderation...even moderation.

Pagina 2 van 2 EersteEerste 12

Thread Information